I pray that the Lord give fullness of life to SPC Bishop E. Evans from the Texas Army National Guard, who gave his life in a selfless attempt to save two individuals who appeared to be drowning in the Rio Grande near Eagle Pass last Friday. We pray too for the family and colleagues of this dedicated soldier, who was assigned to A Battery, 4-133 Field Artillery Regiment in New Braunfels and had nobly served this country in Iraq and Kuwait. The death of Bishop Evans is a devastating tragedy, and the persons he attempted to assist are in the custody of the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol, suspected by law enforcement of narcotics trafficking. Our thoughts and prayers are also with members of the military and law enforcement who work tirelessly for the safety of our state and nation.
Statement of Archbishop Gustavo García-Siller, MSpS, regarding the death of Texas Army National Guard SPC Bishop E. Evans￼
More from Today's CatholicMore posts in Today's Catholic »
- Fifth Annual Veronica’s Journey 5K
- Support and resources for families in need
- Mexican bishops respond to pro-abortion ruling by Supreme Court: Every life has worth
- Ukrainian Catholic leader offers Divine Liturgy in St. Peter’s Basilica
- New pro-life group prepares to administer Kansas’ $2 million abortion-alternative program